I actually stumbled upon this awesome thing quite a while ago. I’m constantly looking for stuff out on the web, related to entrepreneurship – so I inevitably came to www.theskooloflife.com. I read the first article and checked out the link to that interesting PDF:
“The Extraordinary’s Achievers Manifesto”
Do I want it? Yes, please! –Download
Written by a self-made entrepreneur and pretty awesome surfer (yes – real waves, not web) this adds up to a great lecture for growing entrepreneurs like me! So far I only read half of it – but looking back at my last 1.5 years journey, pretty much everything that helped us to make the big steps forward is in there. I just kept nodding over and over. Here are some aspects I like most:
- It’s your choice to abandon the pursuit of mediocrity
- Don’t go with the reasonable idea! Be unreasonable
- Reasonable people are busy defending the status quo
- Have a long-term project. Stop striving for short-term satisfaction
- Invest in your extraordinary potential (I was very wrong here!)
- Focus on what really matters (Pareto & 80:20)
- And finally: Don’t give up when it gets hard!
I could come up with tons of other reasons to explain why this is an awesome piece for Entrepreneurs. But to put it simple: Stop doing whatever you’re doing and read this thing!